Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lessons from Cricket World Cup

India won ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 on 2nd April 2011. Congratulations to all!

I am not a cricket fan, so, usually, I do not see cricket matches. But, there were discussions in office and the day of the final match was Saturday, so I preferred to see it on TV.

Some things I could observe from the match which I wish to share with you on this Organizational platform:

1.  I saw Dhoni, the Captain of the Indian team, coming at No.4 instead of his usual No.5 i.e. one order earlier; meaning that he came forward voluntarily to shoulder the responsibility.  His strokes were vital in tilting the match in favour of India. And finally India won.
A leader needs to culture within him this trait of shouldering the responsibility if he wishes that his team should win.

2.      I saw the junior players Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli struggling hard on the crease when the veterans Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag failed. These 2 junior players brought back the confidence within the team that a chance of winning the World Cup was still alive.
It showed, how ordinary members of a team could play vital roles in the success of a team.

3.      I noticed that since beginning the Indian team concentrated on adding runs steadily through laborious ones and twos (by running in between the wickets). They did not favour thrilling fours and sixes. They added runs consistently from the beginning of the game - over one through over forty nine.
This consistency of efforts is required if you wish your team to be successful.

I wish, we all cultivate within us, at whatever positions we are, the above qualities which won the World Cup for India!!


Dr S.B.Sharan,Working President,NOINO

No comments:

Post a Comment